Kat here! And it's a BIG week at LOHN. Our packaging refresh is finally here!
It’s been a year in the making and we are so excited to show you what we’ve been working on behind the scenes.
The biggest question we have received when telling our community, wholesalers, friends and family about this project is, “WHY?! People LOVE your packaging!” Well, last summer, we decided it was time for us to take our brand to the next level, and invest anew in our vision for LOHN’s future.
Here are some of the key reasons why we began this project:
1. Refinement and quality is in our DNA at LOHN. We have always been focused on offering luxury products at an approachable price. As engineering graduates with quality and product development backgrounds, we set out to launch the best possible candles on the market in 2018 and we’ve been improving the way we do things every step of the way. We saw an opportunity to elevate our packaging materials, design and overall look to really reflect who LOHN is.
2. Our goal since the beginning has been to set ourselves, our story and our products apart. The competition in our industry is fierce, and a lot of branding/packaging/design can begin to look quite similar after awhile. Our new look is completely unique to us and our vision. We think you’ll agree :)
3. This refresh has allowed us to impart a stronger visual representation of our complex scents within our packaging. What people love most about our products is the story, not only of the brand and us as founders, but each scent we’ve created. We have always been inspired by mid-century design, pops of colour, and the risograph technique (an economical and environmentally friendly way to produce printed matter via soy-based inks and stencils made of natural fiber). Our goal with this refresh is to amplify these aesthetics, broadening the impact of these inspirations on the LOHN experience.
So, what is changing?
- Our vessels. Our core vessels are still made of glass, but they now have a milk glass aesthetic achieved by a glossy white spray. The colours of the logos pertaining to each scent have changed as well. Our ceramics now have a beautiful inside glaze to differentiate between the scents. Don’t worry, all of our vessels are still food-grade and reusable :)
- Our cartons. We have chosen a thicker material for the cartons, and they now have an insert for extra protection. We have moved away from the uniform carton and scent-specific labels towards distinct cartons designed to visually symbolize each unique scent and story.
- Our wicks. Our quality team has completed hundreds of wick tests over the past six months to optimize our candles’ performance. The new wicks are still made with a cotton core base, but they now have increased rigidity which reduces mushrooming (a result of carbon build-up) and produces a much cleaner burn.
We can’t wait to hear all of your feedback and thoughts. From our new colourful, story-telling packaging to our specially formulated complex and transportive aromas, our goal at LOHN is to create and immerse you in a vibrant world of scent.
We want to thank each and every one of you for your support. It's because of our amazing community that we are constantly pushing ourselves to improve, grow and stay at the forefront of our industry. Here's to better days ahead.